Activated Carbon Powder
Activated Charcoal consists of high density skeleton carbon structures which absorb contaminants and toxins and purify. Activated charcoal is used for stomach issues, to clear toxins from the body, and in cosmetics such as masks and scrubs.
Activated Charcoal is a natural material rich in carbon whereby the pores of the charred material have been opened through a steam activation process, increasing the carbon’s surface area. Activated carbon is characterised by its high porosity and adsorptive capabilities. Through adsorption, activated carbon can effectively remove a range of contaminants and impurities from liquid and air streams.
Powder Size: 3-5 Microns
- An amazing ingredient for skincare – activated charcoal powder can aid in achieving clearer skin by absorbing and extracting excess oils and toxins, which is one of the main causes of acne. It is said that activated charcoal works like a magnet.
- Can act as a relief remedy for skin conditions, such as calming insect bites, minor cuts or little skin irritations.
- Detoxifies by extracting impurities without stripping the skin, leaving it moisturised.
- Not only does it extract toxins from the skin, but when ingested it can also absorb toxins inside the stomach – it is especially useful for poison extraction.
- Water treatment: wastewater, municipal water, flocculation
- Industrial: dye colour removal
- Use in baking to add colour
- Use in cosmetics and skincare – works great as an exfoliator
- In foods and beverages: colour removal, wine, spirits, juices
- Pharmaceutical uses: poisoning treatment, detoxification
- Used in teeth whitening and toothpaste
- Has cleansing action