Doterra Geranium Essential Oil
A member of the Pelargonium genus of flower species, geraniums are grown for their beauty and as a staple of the perfume industry. While there are over 200 different varieties of Pelargonium flowers, only a few are used as essential oils. Uses of Geranium essential oil date back to ancient Egypt when Egyptians used Geranium oil to beautify skin and for other benefits. In the Victorian era, fresh geranium leaves were placed at formal dining tables as decorative pieces and to be consumed as a fresh sprig if desired; in fact, the edible leaves and flowers of the plant are often used in desserts, cakes, jellies, and teas.
Geranium oil has been used to promote the appearance of clear skin and healthy hair—making it ideal for skin and hair care products. Geranium oil also helps calm nerves and lessen feelings of stress. Geranium oil is also known to naturally repel insects.
- Apply Geranium to skin after a shower for a soothing effect.
- Before spending time outdoors, apply topically.
- Apply directly to the skin or enjoy an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify the skin.
- Add a few drops to your bottle of shampoo or conditioner or make your own deep hair conditioner.
- Combine with facial and body lotions for an uplifting floral scent.
Directions for use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.