Bicarbonate of Soda also known as Baking Soda or Sodium Bicarbonate or simply as Bicarb.
Sodium bicarbonate is a white solid that is crystalline but often appears as a fine powder.
Bicarb is a very effective (but gentle) abrasive and natural deodoriser.
Some uses of Bicarbonate of Soda
- Clean stained & smelly plastic food containers
- Absorb strong food odors from the fridge
- Rinse fruit & veg to remove dirt and the waxy coating
- Help unblock clogged drains
- Eliminate odor from the garbage can
- Clean burnt on pots & pans
- Extinguish Oil & Grease fires
- Bicarbonate of Soda is a rising agent in certain recipes
- Treat heartburn
- Use as a mouth wash
- Whiten your teeth
- Relieve itchy skin & sunburn
- Multi purpose cleaner
- Toilet Fizzies to clean and deodorise in one step
- Whiten laundry
- Remove stubborn carpet stains
- Polish Silverware
- Weed Killer
- Shoe Deodoriser
- Clean a smelly pet bed