Also known as Baking Soda or Sodium Bicarbonate or simply as Bicarb.
This is a white solid that is crystalline but often appears as a fine powder.
It is a very effective (but gentle) abrasive and natural deodoriser.
Some uses in the Kitchen
- Clean stained & smelly plastic food containers
- Absorb strong food odors from the fridge
- Rinse fruit & veg to remove dirt and the waxy coating
- Help unblock clogged drains
- Eliminate odor from the garbage can
- Clean burnt on pots & pans
- Extinguish Oil & Grease fires
- Bicarbonate of Soda is a rising agent in certain recipes
For more info please refer to our blog post on its uses, safety & side effects