Emulsifying Wax BP is an emulsifier blend derived from vegetal source and is designed for use in body care and skin moisturizer formulations.
Very effective in emulsifying water and oil in creams and butters and excellent when used as part of a hair conditioner. Can be used in place of Emulsifying Wax NF
An O/W anionic self-emulsifying base, suitable for creams, ointments, lotions and hair-dye cream, pre-blended for ease of use.
Combine with water, oils and actives to create tailored hair conditioning products and soothing lotions. Use up to 20% with oils. See properties of Cetearyl alcohol and Sodium laureth sulphate for more in depth details on the individual chemicals.
Cetearyl alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (Emulsifying Wax BP) is a very easy to use emulsifier to produce creams and lotions. Used at just 6% with oils and water, you will produce an exceptional quality moisture cream / lotion base.
Combine with glucosides to produce effective and high end hair conditioning products.
White to Ivory Flakes
How to use
Use as part of a hot process with oils and waxes.
Recommended Usage Level
Up to 20%
Maximum Usage Level
Up to 20% though not restricted by regulations.
Products to Use in
- Conditioners and Hair Treatments
At pure usage levels it can cause irritation to the skin.
When blending always take the following precautions:
- Use gloves (disposable are ideal)
- Take care when handling hot oils
- Wear eye protection
- Work in a well ventilated room
- Keep ingredients and hot oils away from children
- If ingested, seek immediate medical advice
- If contact made with eyes, rinse immediately with clean warm water and seek medical advice if in any doubt.